KLM Curaçao Marathon and Ride for the Roses walk hand in hand
WILLEMSTAD - Curd Evertsz, Vice-president Ride for the Roses and Head of the Safety & Emergency Team of the KLM Curacao Marathon and Kees van Muiswinkel, Chairman of Foundation Run in the Sun/ KLM Curacao Marathon, finished hand in hand after the Half Marathon distance walk.
On Wednesday August 8, 2018 at 5:00 am Curd Evertsz and Kees van Muiswinkel started to walk the new course of the Amstel Bright Half Marathon distance at the Hilton Curacao Hotel. After passing through Otrabanda, the Queen Juliana Bridge, Punda, the famous pantoon bridge and the corridor they finished after 4.5 hours at Hilton Curacao.
This joined effort was to announce the following:
Vice president of RFTRC, Curd Evertsz, intends to walk 1000 kilometers by January of next year. In turn, this will hopefully generate new standing orders at local banks in favor of RFTRC. This 'Standing Order 1000' plan will ensure a continuous flow of income for RFTRC and symbolizes the importance of walking regularly and the continuous fight against cancer. This money is highly needed to support the cancer patients and keep supporting cancer patients in Curacao. The Prinses Wilhelmina Foundation receives the funds raised by the Ride for the Roses Foundation. The PWF describes on their website how the foundation uses this money and what they have already accomplished.
The Foundation Run in the Sun/ KLM Curacao Marathon will support the 1000 Standing order plan and raise money for Ride For the Roses. Participants can donate upon registration. Kees van Muiswinkel also announced that The KLM Curacao Marathon will also donate one KLM Royal dutch Airlines return ticket to support Curd's Evertsz 1.000 plan. This KLM ticket will be raffled among all companies, institutions and people who have signed a standing order.
Kees van Muiswinkel further more explained that each participant of the KLM Curacao Marathon, can also run for his or her charity."Team up for charity! Raise awareness and get fit". Team up, with a minimum of 10 participants, for your own Charity. From each of your "Charity" participants entree fee, we donate 5 NAFL to your cause. So Team up for Charity! The logo and name of your Charity will be mentioned in a newsletter and will be named on our website. Request your Team registration form by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
KLM Curacao Marathon Event information:
- Hilton Curaçao: new start & finish location
- 42.2 km & 21.1 km adjusted course, AIMS / IAAF certified
- 42.2 km, 21.1 km, 10 km new start times 3:30 am, 5:30 am and 06:30 am
- Trail, 10km & 5km new course
- NEW design 5th edition MEDAL for all participants
- With 5 distances for everybody a suitable distance.
- Choice of 4 road races and a Trail
- The 5km and 10km is for runners and walkers
- Participation internationally and locally, man & woman and for young and old.
- Each participant receives a personal (bib) race number, online time registration, cotton event T-shirt, luxury medal, plenty of water posts including sports drink and fruit.
- Everyone who registers on time receives a race number with their own name
- Beautiful course along the tourist icons of Willemstad.
- Free App with 'Live Track & Trace'. Family and friends can follow each participant.
- Free Certificate for each participant with name and distance
- Joint finish of all distances on the beach at Hilton Curacao followed by the Awards ceremony with prizes for the numbers 1 to 3 and an "After party on the Beach"
- DRI Fit Running shirt, Singlet Running Shirt (new), Pasta Party, Finish photo & video are optional.
- Curacao, Aruba and Bonaire residents can win 2 KLM Royal Dutch Airlines return tickets to Amsterdam with their unique start number. The start number = lot number. The Tombula is directly after the Awards ceremony (after the finish on the Hilton Beach).
The organization prepares for growth to a maximum of 2.500 participants. This has to do with the guarantee of the safety of all participants and supporters along the course. And of course, with the purchase of medals, shirts, water, fruit and sports drinks. Kees van Muiswinkel states that the growth of both the number of international and local participants is expected. His advice is to register on time to avoid disappointments and to ensure that your own name is printed on the start number.
All participants can register & pay via the website www.klmcuracaomarathon.com or via the Official Travel Partners. Companies and schools can register as a group or team, send an email to email@example.com for further information. Curacao residents can register & pay online or pay at each branch of Kooyman.
Partners, sponsors and volunteers
KLM Curaçao Marathon is made possible by a large number of partners, sponsors and volunteers. Besides KLM as title sponsor, sponsors for the specific distances Cavalier, Intertrust, Royal Navy Netherlands and Amstel Bright, there is close cooperation with Curaçao Tourist Board, Curacao Athletics Federation, Start & Finish Hotel Hilton Curaçao Resort, Official Hotel Partners, Curaçao Ports Authority and all other partners.
The organization wishes everyone a good preparation for participation in the 5th edition of the KLM Curaçao Marathon and looks forward to work together with all partners and volunteers to make it a joint success.